LIS-to-LIS (L2L) Connectivity
By integrating your LIS with your clients’ systems, you gain operational efficiencies in test ordering, specimen labeling, and results reporting, while reducing software costs and training time. In addition, LIS-to-LIS (L2L) integration is an essential competitive factor in attracting new clients for your lab outreach program.
Benefits of L2L Integration
The specific advantages to be gained by the testing lab associated with L2L interfaces include elimination of patient registration, elimination of test ordering, and elimination of specimen re-labeling (as the specimens arrive at the lab “bench-ready”). The following is a list of potential benefits:
- Reduction in medical errors from data transcription errors and patient identification issues.
- Decreased turnaround time for transmitting clinical data to providers, resulting in more timely patient care.
- Increased efficiencies through reductions in lost paper requisitions and specimens.
- Assurance that all required data elements are accommodated, thus negating the need for phone calls to your clients to procure missing information.
- Elimination of manual paper requisitions for ordering, specimen re-labeling, and LIS data entry of results for interfaced procedures.
- Enhanced data capture regarding physician ordering patterns, laboratory analyzer utilization and overall lab statistics.
Colaborate’s Technology Services team will provide the necessary project management and engineering to automate to flow of LIS orders/results between two or more LIS systems. We’ve designed and implemented solutions to support single L2L interfaces between a variety of systems. In addition, we’ve designed a solution for integrating multiple hospital laboratories with a regional data center.
To have Colaborate get started assiting your organization today with L2L integration, or another technology related challenge including LIS vendor selection, middleware analysis, or laboratory automation planning, contact us today.